Available Work Opportunities at ACT
African Child Trust (ACT) is a small UK registered Christian charity established with a mission to relieve and alleviate poverty of widows, orphans and other vulnerable children in Africa. At ACT we are passionate about changing lives and giving opportunities to less privilege children to achieve their potential in life. ACT is currently working in 8 countries of Africa.
Location: Our offices are located in Croydon, Surrey CR0 1XU. We are short walking distance to both East Croydon (12 minutes) and West Croydon (5 minutes) train stations.
We currently have the following vacancies:
#1 Communications & Marketing Officer (Voluntary Internship)
We are looking for an enthusiastic Communications & Marketing Officer to support our communications & marketing strategy in order to raise the profile of ACT. The position will be suitable for a young graduate hoping to make a career in International Development and the Charity sector.
• Supporting the implementation of the ACT communications and marketing strategy;
• Developing effective online and media presence using social media/mainstream media;
• Maintaining the ACT website and social media platforms;
• Preparing weekly blogs for the website;
• Collecting and developing case studies and success stories that can be used as part of our on-going communications;
• Using appropriate tools to regularly check the effectiveness of communication and marketing methods.
• Proficient computer use, including spreadsheets and word processing;
• Proficient use of social media platforms;
• Excellent written and spoken English;
• Able to undertake research tasks in order to achieve a result;
• Organising and carrying out administrative tasks;
• Effective, professional and appropriate writing and communication skills.
Salary: Expenses will be covered in line with our expenses policy (Flexible up to 3 days a week)
For these positions, we are looking for people with the following attributes:
• Confidence and enthusiasm about the role;
• Organised and methodical in approach to managing workload;
• Self-motivated, pro‐active, polite and have a positive attitude.
We are particularly interested in candidates who share our vision and empathise with our ethos.
Closing Date:13th October 2017
Shortlisted candidates will be informed soon after the closing date and an interview date will be arranged.
To apply, please send a current CV and covering letter detailing the experience and skills you could bring to the role to Nicola Browne: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the role title in the subject line.
Please note that regrettably we may not be able to respond to every unsuccessful application.