African Child Trust (ACT) is a UK registered charity established with a mission to relieve and alleviate poverty of widows, orphans and other vulnerable children in Africa. At ACT we are passionate about changing lives and giving opportunities to less privilege children to achieve their potential in life. ACT is currently working in 7 countries of Africa. We are based in Croydon close to the main stations (5 minutes from West Croydon and 10 minutes from East Croydon).
We are looking for an enthusiastic volunteer Communications & Marketing Officer to support our communications & marketing strategy in order to raise the profile of ACT in the UK and globally. You will work directly alongside the Director.
• Supporting implementation of the ACT communications and marketing strategy;
• Developing effective online and media presence using social media /mainstream media;
• Maintaining the ACT website and social media platforms;
• Drafting and sending our monthly e-newsletter to ACT supporters;
• Collecting and developing case studies and success stories that can be used as part of fundraising appeals
• Using appropriate tools to regularly check the effectiveness of communication and marketing methods.
• Supporting the team with marketing-related admin when needed.
• Proficient computer use, including spreadsheets and word processing;
• Competent in using social media platforms (experience of using Mailchimp is preferred);
• Excellent written and spoken English;
• Organising and carrying out administrative tasks;
• Effective, professional and appropriate communication with a range of stakeholders; in person, by telephone and in writing;
• Able to undertake research tasks in order to achieve a result;
• Confidence and enthusiasm about the role;
• Organised and methodical in approach to managing workload;
• The ability to motivate self and others;
• Quick to build rapport and professional relationships;
• Pro-active and positive attitude;
• Polite, personable and credible demeanour;
• Passion and empathy for the ethos of ACT.
Role duration: Initially 3 months, potential to extend.
Hours: Estimated 8-12 hours per week.
The role will suit a person seeking to use their skills to make a difference and also to gain experience of international development and the charitable sector.
If you are interested please submit your CV and a short cover note explaining your background and passion for using your skills to help a charitable course to firstname.lastname@example.org