African Child Trust (ACT) is a UK registered charity established to advance development and relieve poverty among widows, orphans and other vulnerable children in Africa. We provide opportunities by educating disadvantaged children, empowering widows and enriching communities. ACT currently operates in Burkina Faso, Democratic Republic of Congo, Kenya, Malawi, Nigeria, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and keen graduate to join our Communications 7 marketing team as a volunteer. The current focus of this role is on raising our profile in the UK and globally using our social media presence. You will work alongside our management and other members of the team.
- Writing weekly blogs
- Actively updating our social media accounts
- Collecting and developing case studies and our success stories to support our fundraising appeals
- Increasing the effectiveness of our online and media presence on social media
- Preparing monthly e-newsletter bulletins circulated to supporters
- Following topical and political issues and linking them to our work at ACT
- Carrying out independent, self-guided research for articles/blogs
- Liaising with collaboraing partners overseas for contents
- Using analytic tools to report on the effectiveness of our communication and marketing methods
- Supporting the team with admin when needed
- Proficient computer use, especially word processing
- Competence on social media including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Organised. Ability to prepare effective work plans and implement them
- Efficient and professional communication with stakeholders; in person, telephone and writing,
- Experience with online design tools, such as Canva, would be helpful but is not essential
- Ability to self-motivate and motivate others
- Organised and methodical approach to managing a workload
- Confidence and enthusiasm in the role
- Passion and empathy for the ethos of ACT
- Polite, personable and credible demeanour
- Proactive and positive attitude
- Ability to work in a team
The role is perfect for a graduate seeking experience in international development, marketing and the charity sector.
To apply, please send a current CV and covering letter detailing the experience and skills you could bring to the position to Diana Walters – firstname.lastname@example.org
Unfortunately due to the large number of applications we receive, we will not respond to unsuccessful applications.
For more details and to look at our work please visit our website – http://www.africanchildtrust.org.uk/