Who we are:
ACT is a UK registered charity established to relieve and alleviate poverty of widows, orphans and other vulnerable children in Africa. We provide opportunities to disadvantaged children and widows through education, empowerment and enrichment.
We are currently active in 8 African countries, namely Burkina Faso, Nigeria, Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Malawi, Zambia and the Democratic Republic of Congo.
We are looking for a charismatic and enthusiastic volunteer to join our Communications team. The current focus of this role is on raising our profile in the UK and globally using our social media presence. You will work alongside our Director and other members of the team.
(the role can be tailored to your preferences and strengths)
• Brain storming for/ writing our weekly blogs,
• Collecting and developing case studies and success stories that can form part of our fundraising appeals,
• Developing and increasing the efficacy of our online and media presence using social main stream media,
• Drafting and sending our monthly e-newsletter bulletins to ACT supporters,
• Following topical and political issues and linking them to our work at ACT,
• Independent, self-guided research for articles,
• Liaising with our partners overseas,
• Regularly updating our social media accounts,
• Supporting the team with admin when needed.
• Proficient computer use, especially word processing,
• Competence on social media including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn,
• Excellent written and spoken English,
• Organisational skills in carrying out administrative task,
• Efficient and professional communication with stakeholders; in person, telephone and writing,
• Experience with online design tools, such as Canva, would be helpful but is not essential
• Ability to self-motivate and motivate others
• An organisational and methodical approach to managing a workload
• Confidence and enthusiasm in the role
• Passion and empathy for the ethos of ACT
• Polite, personable and credible demeanour
• Proactive and positive attitude
The role is perfect for a Graduate wanting experience in international development, marketing and the charity sector.
To apply, please send a current CV and covering letter detailing the experience and skills you could bring to the position to Diana Walters – email@example.com
Unfortunately due to the large number of applications we receive, we will not respond to unsuccessful applications.
For more details and to look at our work please visit our website – https://africanchildtrust.org.uk/