Are you enthusiastic about human rights and able to provide office administration support? If so, we want to hear from you!
African Child Trust (ACT) is a UK registered charity established with a mission to relieve and alleviate poverty of widows, orphans and other vulnerable children in Africa. At ACT we are passionate about changing lives and giving opportunities to less privileged children to achieve their potential in life. At present, ACT is working in 8 countries across Africa.
We are currently looking for a P/T Volunteer Administrative Assistant to support the administration of the office. This role would be ideal for any person who is organised, motivated and sympathetic towards the work we do. Prior experience working in a similar role is advantageous; however, we are also keen to hear from those who have relevant transferable skills. Computer literacy with excellent skills in MS Office (including Excel) is essential. Supporting thousands of orphans and widows across Africa brings a great deal of vital administrative work – from providing our sponsors with information about the children they support to updating our databases. Your work will truly help to transform lives.
Why volunteer for ACT?
• You will enhance your CV and have opportunity for personal development.
• You will gain first-hand experience working for a human rights charity.
We are a friendly, small but diverse team with a passion for ending poverty across Africa. We welcome all ages – no matter if you are a student, a parent looking to return to work or a retired individual – or any age in between! If you are willing and able to offer up your time and expertise, we want to hear from you.
• To provide office administration support and maintain an efficient office.
• To update and manage records, correspondence and documentation.
• To communicate appropriately with enquiries.
• To provide support for the marketing, publicity and fundraising activities.
• Ability to establish and maintain office systems.
• Proficiency in MS Office (including Excel).
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ad hoc duties as and when required.
We are open Monday-Friday, 9-5pm and are flexible regarding working hours.
To apply, please send a current CV and covering letter detailing the experience and the skills you could bring to the role to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please quote the role title in the subject line.